pgaccess release with 7.3 - some strategy talk

From: "Iavor Raytchev" <iavor(dot)raytchev(at)verysmall(dot)org>
To: "pgaccess - users" <users(at)pgaccess(dot)org>, "pgsql-interfaces" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pgaccess release with 7.3 - some strategy talk
Date: 2002-07-13 16:43:08
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello everybody,

As PostgreSQL will have its 7.3 beta freeze on September 1 and release in
October/November, we will try to wrap up pgaccess 0.98.8 then too (the
current official version is 0.98.7; in the CVS on www.pgaccess.org is a more
advanced one, for anonymous login instructions see the CVS section on the
web site; we plan something like weekly builds as well).

We have been receiving bugs and ideas (it's very encouraging), and it will
be very nice if everyone who uses or wants to use pgaccess makes everything
possible to file all her/his bugs and ideas during the short time left until
September 1.

Also, as the process has been going on during the last weeks, ideas have
been developed that pgaccess might be a nice tool for administration and as
well for application building - small useful applications - there is a small
pilot idea - just to test the direction - a Christmas Card tracker (no idea
if it is going to be ready before Christmas, we depend on Chris :) and if
the idea and the direction take off - there is an idea to make it really a
nice tool for similar things, and sometimes may be bigger. Teo also has some
ideas in this direction (actually he invented it) and we are waiting some
input form him as well. In this respect - if you have ideas what it can be
used for - do not hesitate to send them.

I would like to thank to everybody who has been supporting the project so
far putting fresh ideas, work, encouragement in it. We hope to have one nice
pgaccess for Christmas, and celebrate with joyful hearts.

All best to everybody,

Iavor

--
www.pgaccess.org