Allow Byte type in Statement.setObject (v7.3.4)

From: "Jason Sando" <jsando(at)claritysys(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Allow Byte type in Statement.setObject (v7.3.4)
Date: 2003-08-01 02:59:16
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Would it be troublesome to ask to add:

else if (x instanceof Byte)
setByte (parameterIndex, ((Byte)x).byteValue ());

into the list of types checked for in AbstractJdbc1Statement.setObject?

I realize Byte is not in the JDBC Spec "setObject conversion table", but you
already have Short in there and its not in the spec either. I'm working
with SQL Server, MySQL, and HSql and they all allow Byte.

Now that I think about it, take this as an FYI, and I'll just change my
program to not call setObject.

Thanks,

- Jason Sando