Re: Support for QNX6, POSIX IPC and PTHREAD-style locking

From: "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "Igor Kovalenko" <Igor(dot)Kovalenko(at)motorola(dot)com>, "Ross J(dot) Reedstrom" <reedstrm(at)rice(dot)edu>
Cc: <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Support for QNX6, POSIX IPC and PTHREAD-style locking
Date: 2001-11-28 02:17:49
Lists: pgsql-patches

> > At this point, I'd suggest you yield gracefully: the core developers
> > don't want it right now, but have read your patch and given you valuable
> > feedback, to improve you submission for 7.3 (in about two weeks).

> At this point, I suggest core developers will ask me when/if they
> feel like
> they want another submission from me.
>
> Merry X-mas & happy new year everyone.

> - igor

*sigh* I don't know if I really should be replying to a troll post, but what
the heck...

Look, Igor - noone's saying that your code isn't any good. They're just
saying that it's too late in the development cycle to add it. That's the
rules, and they apply to everyone. Your code would be quite happily
accepted into 7.3, so get over it.

I've submitted a few patches in my time, in fact just before the 7.1
release - and my stuff was held until 7.2. And yes, I'm kind of happy about
seeing my code in a release. However, I didn't complain when my patch was
put on hold, or the core developers gave me lots of feedback about issues
with my patch.

Chris