Insert query

From: "Nigel Brookes" <nigel(dot)brookes(at)clerys(dot)ie>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Insert query
Date: 2003-10-17 12:21:35
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi Folks,

I'm very new to ODBC and am using VB 5.0. I have a table with a serial data
type that I'm trying to insert a record into using.

INSERT INTO users VALUES (DEFAULT,'Nigel');

This works when i'm in linux. But when I try to execute it in VB I get an
error 'Too few parameters. Expected 1.'. Very strange. Have tried all 3
odbc drivers. The VB code I use is as follows:

Dim Backupdb As Database
'******opens access to PostgreSQL database ***********************
Connect = "ODBC;DSN=backupdb;DATABASE=backupdb;UID=test;PWD=test;"
Set Backupdb = OpenDatabase("backupdb", False, False, Connect)

Backupdb.Execute txtExecute.Text

Any Ideas??

Regard

Nigel