How should I get started?

From: Leif K-Brooks <eurleif(at)ecritters(dot)biz>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How should I get started?
Date: 2004-01-15 19:19:02
Lists: pgsql-general

I've been programming web applications in PHP/MySQL for a few years.
It's worked decently, but I've been getting annoyed with the lack of
more advanced features lately. After some reading, I've decided to
switch to Perl/PostgreSQL.

I'll be discarding all database data for other reason anyway, so moving
data isn't an issue. I just want to learn how to best use some of
PostgreSQL's cool features. Is there any documentation about that? I've
looked at the official docs, but they're very dry and don't talk much
about migrating from MySQL. Any suggestions?