postgres backend processes

From: Álvaro Matos <alvaromatos(at)certisign(dot)pt>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: postgres backend processes
Date: 2002-02-21 12:19:04
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi!

I'm accessing a database using JDBC. My Java code for a query typically
looks like:

Statement sta = con.createStatement();
sta.executeQuery( "SELECT * FROM TABLE" );

For some reason, the postgres daemon that gets forked on the DB
server (Solaris 2.6, postgresql 7.2) keeps growing the number of processes
for each query
that I execute, until it hangs up. Is there something I'm
doing wrong in my queries, or is there a patch for this?

Thanks for any help,

regards,
Álvaro Matos.