Audit Log Destination

From: "Arnold, Sandra" <ArnoldS(at)osti(dot)gov>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Audit Log Destination
Date: 2009-05-20 20:51:53
Lists: pgsql-admin

One of my security controls is to audit events. I don't have a problem
on how to do that. However, another control is for all functionality of
the PostgreSQL database to cease or stall if the directory that contains
the audit logs is full. What happens to PostgreSQL if any of the log
directories are full and unable to have anything else written to it? I
have looked and cannot find anything that will tell me what happens.

Thanks,

Sandra Arnold
Sr. DBA
DOE/OSTI