Re: Open 7.3 items

From: Ron Snyder <snyder(at)roguewave(dot)com>
To: 'Tom Lane' <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Open 7.3 items
Date: 2002-07-31 16:55:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > Schema handling - ready? interfaces? client apps?
>
> The backend will be ready (it's not quite yet). pg_dump is ready.
> psql is very definitely not ready, nor is pgaccess. I don't know the
> status for JDBC or ODBC; any comments? The other interface libraries
> probably don't care.
>
> > Dependency - pg_dump auto-create dependencies for 7.2.X data?
>
> Huh?

There's still a problem with restoring blobs in a certain circumstance-- the
attached script (run as the pg superuser) shows that there's either an
inconsistency or a misunderstanding (on my part), resulting in a failed
pg_restore. It seems that pg_restore isn't necessarily reconnecting as
superuser after restoring a user owned table and before trying to restore
pg_largeobject.

This came to light specifically because I was trying to restore from a 7.2.1
dump file into the 7.3dev server, but this script is using all 7.3dev tools,
refreshed from cvs this morning.

-ron

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgdump-tmp-table-test.sh application/octet-stream 716 bytes