Re: Using views and MS access via odbc

From: Ron Snyder <snyder(at)roguewave(dot)com>
To: 'Hiroshi Inoue' <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Using views and MS access via odbc
Date: 2002-05-07 16:21:49
Lists: pgsql-general

> > Although I can't tell for sure, I really don't think it's the
> > output of the UPDATE 0 that is causing the problem.
>
> You may have other problems.
> However you can't get expected results anyway
> as long as you are using ordinary updatable views
> in 7.2.

You're right. When I finally got through _my_ problem (I wasn't paying
attention to the MS access dialog box-- it was asking me to identify the
unique ID, and I was thinking it was asking me to select the columns I
wanted to see from the linked table), I hit the problems that I think you
are referring to (and the ms access timestamp(3) limitation).

-ron