Purpose of pgsql/data/global directory? - permissions error

From: DavidF(at)nhb(dot)org
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Purpose of pgsql/data/global directory? - permissions error
Date: 2005-05-02 20:29:51
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi from Colorado -

What is the purpose of the /global directory under pgsql/data?

I know this is not a pgadmin forum, but I get an error when trying to create
a connection to my server using pgadminIII, "could not open file
/usr/local/pgsql/data/global/1262. Permission denied".

I can connect fine using psql.

Thanks for the help!

David

David Fenske