Re: Re: New Linux xfs/reiser file systems

From: "carl garland" <carlhgarland(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us, chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au
Cc: markw(at)mohawksoft(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: New Linux xfs/reiser file systems
Date: 2001-05-04 04:58:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > Just put a note in the installation docs that the place where the
>database
> > is initialised to should be on a non-Reiser, non-XFS mount...
>
>Sure, we can do that now.

I still think this is not necessarily the right approach either. One
major purpose of using a journaling fs is for fast boot up time after
crash. If you have a 100 GB database you may wish to have the data
on XFS. I do think that the WAL log should be on a separate disk and
on a non-journaling fs for performance.

Best Regards,
Carl Garland