Re: Help needed to mount a dmp file

From: François Beausoleil <francois(at)teksol(dot)info>
To: Lux <lux(dot)azidol(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Help needed to mount a dmp file
Date: 2012-04-09 19:40:34
Lists: pgsql-general

Le lundi 9 avril 2012 à 12:47, Lux a écrit :

> Hi,
> I am new to Postgresql and have no clue. The first task given to me was to try to mount this dmp file on Postgresql which has been downloaded from Jive. I am not sure how to go about and where to start. Can someone please help me.
> Thanks & Regards,
> Lux.

You'll need either http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/app-psql.html or http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/app-pgrestore.html

It depends on whether you have a SQL dump file or a custom archive type. I believe pg_restore can restore both kinds.

You should also determine what version of PostgreSQL you're using, since that will help you with the manual links. I liked to the 9.1 versions above.

Welcome to PostgreSQL. Hope that helps!
François