Multiple Extensions

From: "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)kineticode(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Multiple Extensions
Date: 2011-11-11 05:36:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hackers,

I’m preparing a new release of pgTAP, and have started breaking it down into smaller extensions. I’ve been planning to have them all in one distribution file for now, but it seems that one cannot specify multiple extension names in the EXTENSION variable. In my Makefile, I have

EXTENSION = pgtap pgtap-core pgtap-schema

But having more than the one, I get:

> make
grep: pgtap: No such file or directory
grep: pgtap-core: No such file or directory
grep: pgtap: No such file or directory
grep: pgtap-core: No such file or directory
grep: pgtap: No such file or directory
grep: pgtap-core: No such file or directory
Makefile:79: *** multiple target patterns. Stop.

So is that not supported? If not, why not?

Thanks,

David