UFS Logging on Solaris 8

From: "Fernando Papa" <fpapa(at)claxson(dot)com>
To: "Pgsql-General-post (E-mail)" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: UFS Logging on Solaris 8
Date: 2003-05-22 20:19:33
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi everybody!

We are planning a fresh instalation over Solaris 8. And I have a couple
of questions about UFS Logging:
1) Do you have any experience/problems with this filesystem?
2) performance could be better than "plain" UFS?
3) We have 4 physical 18GB Disk. We are thinking about the layout: One
physiscal disk for O.S. and the other disk for Database. And the two
other disks will be mirror (with DiskSuite). This could be good for
start?

I know, solaris is not the best platform to run postgresql, but I'ts the
only we have now.

Thanks a lot!

--
Fernando O. Papa