Question about installing PostgreSQL on a Windows machine

From: "Sean McInerney" <sean_mackie(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Question about installing PostgreSQL on a Windows machine
Date: 2002-10-15 18:46:49
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hello.

I am trying to follow your FAQ_MSWIN instructions but am having trouble
immediately. #1 says to install cygwin, which I have done, but it does not
come with a pre-built version of PostgreSQL. Did I install the wrong
version of cygwin?

Step 2 tells me to install cygipc. I have downloaded cygipc-1.11-1.tar.bz2
and the instructions tell me to do the following (I assume from cygwin): $
tar -C / -xjf cygipc-1.11-1.tar.bz2

which produces: tar (child): bzip2: Cannot exec: No such file or directory

I'm assuming I don't have bzip2 installed? How can I achieve this? Note
that my file is in the / directory as different tar flags produce proper
errors (such as -zxvf tells me it isn't in gzip format).

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Sean McInerney