Difference between Access97 and PostgreSQL

From: "Yan Bai" <annie_job(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Difference between Access97 and PostgreSQL
Date: 2002-01-30 23:54:56
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello all,

My question may out of the range of this forum.
When I run the following query under postgreSQL and Access2000, it works
well. But Access97 cannot accept it. I got the error message as 'syntax
error near FROM', it seems like in Access97, there cannot have a subquery
after 'FROM'

SELECT temp.rating, temp.avgage
FROM (SELECT s.rating, AVG(s.age) as avgage
FROM sailors s GROUP BY s.rating) as temp

I did check the help information from Access2000 about 'what's new in Access
2000', since i want to find out what the difference make Access2000 accept
this query, but no result :-(

You helps are very desirable. Thanks in advance.

Annie