how to rollback transactions in a function?

From: "V R" <varadha24(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: how to rollback transactions in a function?
Date: 2002-04-02 08:49:05
Lists: pgsql-novice

<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I &nbsp;have written&nbsp;a parent function, which inturn, calls 2-3 child functions &nbsp;that either insert or update rows in&nbsp; tables .The problem I face is when one of these child functions fail to update&nbsp;or &nbsp;insert and return False.So in this scenario how do I rolback the transactions made by the earlier child functions ? Any feedback regarding this will be helpful.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks</DIV>

Attachment Content-Type Size
unknown_filename text/html 659 bytes