RE: Client Side Connection Pooling

From: "Mark Pritchard" <mark(at)tangent(dot)net(dot)au>
To: "August Zajonc" <junk-pgsql(at)aontic(dot)com>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Client Side Connection Pooling
Date: 2001-08-07 22:50:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Curious if anyone has done any work on client side connection pooling
> recently? I'm thinking pooling multiplexed against transaction
> commits?

I did some work on an abstracted DB API (supports PostgreSQL, Oracle and
MySQL natively), with pooling and auto reconnect which I'd be happy to send
you / post here.

Alternatively, you can take advantage of libdbi, which I wish I had known
about, say 2 months earlier :)

http://libdbi.sourceforge.net/docs/

btw - what on earth does "multiplexed against transaction commits" mean? The
definition on dictionary.com suggests you may mean a transaction commit may
return multiple connections to the pool? I really have no idea what you mean
:)

Cheers,

Mark Pritchard