need help....

From: "Faisal Haji Mustaffa" <faisal(dot)mustaffa(at)eudoramail(dot)com>
To: bugs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: need help....
Date: 1999-03-21 19:37:04
Lists: pgsql-bugs

hello there...

sorry..but this problem I can't solve it...more 2 weeks...I try to configure the Makefile.global...to set my postgreSQL dir...but still got error if I run from user account...

[faisal(at)multimedia ~]$ initdb
initdb does not know where to find the files that make up
Postgres (the PGLIB directory). You must identify the PGLIB
directory either with a --pglib invocation option, or by
setting the PGLIB environment variable, or by having a program
called 'postconfig' in your search path that outputs an asignment
for PGLIB.

I don't have any idea...what should the Makefile.global if my current path for the postgreSQL is inside

/usr/local/pgsql

thanks in advanced
faisal