Re: Dump schema without the functions

From: Stefan Schwarzer <stefan(dot)schwarzer(at)grid(dot)unep(dot)ch>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Dump schema without the functions
Date: 2008-02-01 07:31:28
Lists: pgsql-general

>> how can I dump a schema with all tables, but without the functions?
>
> There's no built-in single command for that. You can accomplish it by
> using pg_restore -l to make a list of objects, then edit the list,
> then pg_restore -L to restore only the objects in the edited list.

Hmmm.. I probably should have mentioned that it's not a "normal" dump,
but one including imported shapefiles. So my dump comes from this:

pg_dump -Fc ...

and - sorry, myself not being an expert - it seems to me that this
file is not editable anymore.

When I try to dump the file in text form, it gets rather big, and when
trying to import it, I get this:

before or while processing the request.
connection to server was lost

Stef