Time zone setting

From: Morten Sickel <Morten(dot)Sickel(at)nrpa(dot)no>
To: "'pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Time zone setting
Date: 2001-12-06 12:51:46
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi!

I am running postgreSQL 7.1.3 on a HP-UX 10.20 box. I have a problem telling
postgres which time zone to use. I want to use WETDST, but no matter what I
do, postgres is off with 5 hours.

I have tried to set the time zone in the script that starts postgres
TZ=WETDST
export TZ

I also came across the PGTZ variable in one of the docs, and tried that one,
but to no help. By using the SET TIME ZONE command, I can manage to set the
correct time zone, but that is too much of a hazzle to use for each session.
Probably I have overlooked something, but what? Btw, I have compiled it
without locale support. Is that the problem? As far as I could see, locale
support has mostly to do with character encoding.

--
Morten Sickel
Norwegian Radiation Protection Authority