Re: Trigger function that works with both updates and deletes?

From: "Harvey, Allan AC" <HarveyA(at)OneSteel(dot)com>
To: "novnov" <novnovice(at)gmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Trigger function that works with both updates and deletes?
Date: 2007-06-19 01:46:35
Lists: pgsql-general

> Second, while I could write two trigger functions, one dealing with
> add/update, the other with deletes, it's probably neater to
> have a single
> trigger function and have it discriminate "am I being called
> for a delete,
> or an add/update?" I don't know how to determine the type
> record change.
I use trigger arguments and determine what to do by:

if TG_ARGV[0] = 'value'
then
end if;

Allan

The material contained in this email may be confidential, privileged or copyrighted. If you are not the intended recipient, use, disclosure or copying of this information is prohibited. If you have received this document in error, please advise the sender and delete the document. Neither OneSteel nor the sender accept responsibility for any viruses contained in this email or any attachments.