select on multiple tables

From: "Carterette, Ben" <bcarterette(at)mail(dot)liberty(dot)k12(dot)mo(dot)us>
To: "'pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: select on multiple tables
Date: 2001-08-15 21:43:31
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I apologize in advance if this isn't the right place to ask this.

I have a query like "SELECT * FROM table1, table2" and I want to read values
out of a ResultSet. What if the two tables have column names in common and
I can't predict the column numbers? Is there any way to get table1.id and
table2.id? rs.getString tells me "The column name table1.id not found."

thanks much

ben