Re: PostgreSQL publishes first real benchmark

From: "Heiko W(dot)Rupp" <heiko(dot)rupp(at)redhat(dot)com>
To: "Jignesh K(dot) Shah" <J(dot)K(dot)Shah(at)Sun(dot)COM>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL publishes first real benchmark
Date: 2007-07-10 08:00:43
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi,

> I think this result will be useful for performance discussions of
> postgresql against other databases.
>
> http://www.spec.org/jAppServer2004/results/res2007q3/
>
> More on Josh Berkus's blog:
>
> http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/database/soup/archives/postgresql-
> publishes-first-real-benchmark-17470

Congrats to everyone that worked to make this happen.
While I will never get customers to buy that nice hardware (and I
would recommend the JBoss Appserver anyway :-),
it really is a big sign telling "yes postgres can be really fast" -
as oposed to the urban legends around.

Heiko

--
Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Hauptstätter Strasse 58, 70178 Stuttgart
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 153243