Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Client-side password encryption

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Martijn van Oosterhout" <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
Cc: "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>, "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Client-side password encryption
Date: 2005-12-19 15:16:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

If it's changed to include the so version, or PG version in the filename
(eg. Libpq41.dll, or libpq82.dll) then all we require is that a vendor
ship the appropriate version with his app. If it installs in a shared
location, it's guaranteed to only be upgraded by a point release because
the windows installers have no convention for including version numbers
in the filenames and will only upgrade a file of the name name, and with
an older version number (from the version resource).

Regards, Dave.