Re: What has happened to pgxs?

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Michael Paesold" <mpaesold(at)gmx(dot)at>, "Thomas Hallgren" <thhal(at)mailblocks(dot)com>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: What has happened to pgxs?
Date: 2005-09-23 15:02:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

That would be a definite improvement, however it may well run into the
whitespace issues that Thomas mentioned - apparently the makefiles need
short Windows filenames if there are any spaces in them - eg, instead
of:

C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL

We need

C:/Progra~1/PostgreSQL

The GetShortPathName() API should do this, though some reversing of the
/'s might be required first (and if so, they'll need to be flipped back
again afterwards). I'm tied up with other stuff right now though so I
can't really look atm.

Regards, Dave.