Re: What has happened to pgxs?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: "Michael Paesold" <mpaesold(at)gmx(dot)at>, "Thomas Hallgren" <thhal(at)mailblocks(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What has happened to pgxs?
Date: 2005-09-23 14:47:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk> writes:
>> It does? Dave just told us that the standard installer
>> package is built to install into /usr/local/pgsql.

> No, I said it's built into the installer from /usr/local/pgsql (the path
> in the msys dev environment). It actually installs into C:\Program
> Files\PostgreSQL\8.X which is where users run it from.

Hmm ... so the real issue is that pgxs sees the installation directory
as named differently from what it was named during backend build. OK,
that makes this behavior a problem, considering that we nominally
support being able to relocate installations. Not sure what to do
about it though. Perhaps pgxs should be interrogating pg_config for
the various path names instead of assuming it can recompute them?