Re: Roadmap for pgAdmin3 on OSX

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>, "Florian G(dot) Pflug" <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>
Cc: "pgadmin-hackers" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Roadmap for pgAdmin3 on OSX
Date: 2005-04-13 13:22:36
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

No we don't. The PostgreSQL installer for Windows (which I strategically
made myself a developer of ;-p) writes a bunch of registry entries
describing the installation. pgAdmin searches for local installations
(each major.minor PG version goes in a different location in the
registry) and adds the appropriate server node to the tree for each one
it finds. Note that it only searches for service installations, so if
you didn't install it as a service, it won't be found.

Regards, Dave