Re: Compiling psqlodbc on Solaris

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <nishad(at)ptolemy(dot)tlg(dot)uci(dot)edu>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Compiling psqlodbc on Solaris
Date: 2005-03-24 21:35:17
Lists: pgsql-odbc

They vaguely correspond to the current release version at the time
they're built, however the current driver should work with much earlier
versions of PostgreSQL (in theory, back to 6.2).

> The instructions say I must unzip the psqlodbc tarball, then go to the
> Postgres src directory and run configure-make-install. Well, how,
> exactly? Is this telling me to rebuild Postgres with the psqlodbc
> directories included under the main Postgres source tree? I already
> have a running Postgres installation; I simply want to add the odbc
> driver. Can I do that? If so, how do I compile the psqlodbc source
> without recompiling all of Postgres? Any help would be tremendously
> appreciated.

# tar -zvxf psqlodbc-08.00.0101.tar.gz
# cd psqlodbc-08.00.0101
# ./configure (you might need to add --with-iodbc or --with-unixodbc
here)
# make
# make install

You only need a PostgreSQL tree to build your own tarball from the CVS
source.

Regards, Dave.