Re: [Pginstaller-devel] RE: Win32 PostgreSQL 8.0 Beta 1 Installer available

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: "Jochem van Dieten" <jochemd(at)oli(dot)tudelft(dot)nl>, <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pginstaller-devel(at)pgfoundry(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [Pginstaller-devel] RE: Win32 PostgreSQL 8.0 Beta 1 Installer available
Date: 2004-08-09 16:03:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

I disagree - the ability to run 2 versions at once is great for testing.
Those that need 2 instances of the same version will probably be in the
minority, and if they can configure it themselves, then they can
certainly add the required servers to pgAdmin.

This would actually help your former Oracle users, as it makes it less
easy to install 2 clusters of the same version.

/D