Win32 PostgreSQL 8.0 Beta 1 Installer available for download

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pginstaller-devel(at)pgfoundry(dot)org>
Subject: Win32 PostgreSQL 8.0 Beta 1 Installer available for download
Date: 2004-08-09 14:09:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32 pgsql-www

I've just packaged and uploaded a new version of the Win32 PostgreSQL
installer beta, with PostgreSQL 8.0 Beta 1 and todays snapshot of
pgAdmin III. This is a beta for the installer as well as PostgreSQL
itself, so please report bugs for either. Bug reports for pgAdmin are
also welcome at pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org as we are nearing our own
beta.

This version of the installer includes various changes from the last
version:

- Add zlib.dll used by pg_dump et al. for compression
- Warn the user that initdb may take a couple of minutes.
- Allow user selection of service ID (allowing multiple postmaster
services to be installed).
- Write service details to a predicable location in the registry for use
by control/client programs.
- Set the default service account name to 'postgres'
- Add missing encoding, sort the list.
- Various spelling/layout cleanups.
- pgAdmin now automatically detects local servers and allows
startup/shutdown of them.

Download from:
http://pgfoundry.org/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1000007

Regards, Dave (and Magnus)