Re: PITR on Win32 - Archive and Restore

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: markir(at)coretech(dot)co(dot)nz
Cc: Christian Klemke <Christian(dot)Klemke(at)t-online(dot)de>, pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PITR on Win32 - Archive and Restore
Date: 2004-08-09 14:29:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32 pgsql-patches

markir(at)coretech(dot)co(dot)nz writes:
> Trying out stuff on the command line seems to show a general "unwillingness" to
> work with forward slashed names at all:

Yeah, I think it may only be the POSIX library routines that are really
forward-slash friendly.

As I said before, I'm willing to #ifdef the code so that the string
substituted for %p converts all / to \ on Windows. What I'd like to
know is whether that's enough to solve the problems, particularly in
face of spaces in the path, or whether we'll still be in quoting hell.