Re: vista

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Martijn van Oosterhout" <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>, "Alban Hertroys" <alban(at)magproductions(dot)nl>
Cc: "Naz Gassiep" <naz(at)mira(dot)net>, "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Ron Johnson" <ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: vista
Date: 2006-09-19 14:23:56
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Actually I did, but the most recent CTP didn't run under VMWare as I
mentioned earlier.

Still, the show stopper on the first release which I *really* briefly
tested it on was that the installer couldn't create a service user
account as I think started this thread. This is most likely Vista's
tightened security model - the easy answer to which will probably be to
simply run as the installing user, Administrator or better yet, Network
Service (or whatever it's called). Now that we dump all privileges on
startup it's less of an issue if we cannot create our own account.

Regards, Dave.