Change password issue

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "pgadmin-hackers" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Change password issue
Date: 2006-02-17 11:11:42
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
I spotted an issue with the change password dialogue today; if you have
connected using trust authentication, or a password in pgpass.conf, then
there is no way to change the password because the pgServer object
doesn't know what the original one is.

The simple fix would be to remove the 'enter old password' requirement,
but that just doesn't feel right. For pgpass connections we could try to
retrieve the password from the file, but there is no way for trusted
connections that I can see.

Thoughts?

Regards, Dave

pgadmin-hackers by date

Next:From: Roy PaulsenDate: 2006-02-17 13:11:54