Re: Database geeks

From: "David Olbersen" <DOlbersen(at)stbernard(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Database geeks
Date: 2003-06-20 22:52:46
Lists: pgsql-general

Perhaps this is a result of the cost of failure?

What I mean to say is that very often database apps have to deal with *huge* volumes of data. As such, you could end up wasting *hours* if your app doesn't work correctly.

With PHP dev, for the most part, you refresh your browser to test. If it doesn't work right you make a quick change and you're off.

My $0.02

David Olbersen
iGuard Engineer
11415 West Bernardo Court