Re: Update with ORDER BY and LIMIT

From: David Johnston <polobo(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Paul M Foster <paulf(at)quillandmouse(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Update with ORDER BY and LIMIT
Date: 2011-08-09 02:20:18
Lists: pgsql-general

> 8.X in this context means "8 point something, but I can't recall which
> something". Could be 8.2, 8.3 or 8.4. Thus, in effect, asking those
> replying to restrict themselves to 8 series features, as opposed to 9
> series features.

There are a lot of features added between 8.0 and 8.4; WITH and WINDOW being two major ones, that just saying 8 is not helpful. In the future please take the time to issue a SELECT pg_version() before asking others to take time to help. It is for your own benefit and makes it easier for those wanting to help to give useful advice.

David J.