How to inspect blocked queries

From: "Randall F(dot) Kern" <randy(at)spoke(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: How to inspect blocked queries
Date: 2001-03-21 20:49:21
Lists: pgsql-general

I have an web application that sometimes hangs. When I run ps I see a
postgresql thread that says "INSERT waiting" (I don't have the exact
text in front of me, but it's similar to that). When this happens my
only recourse is to restart my webserver or database.

Now most likely I have another transaction that hasn't been committed or
locks tables in a different order, but I don't see it in the output from
ps. Is there anyway for me to inspect the pending queries in postgesql
so I can track this down?

Thanks,
-Randy