ODBC Driver exposes tables and views that a user does not have permission to access.

From: "Harris, Richard" <Richard_Harris(at)adp(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ODBC Driver exposes tables and views that a user does not have permission to access.
Date: 2005-05-26 19:39:32
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,

PostgreSQL server 7.4.2
psqlODBC driver: 7.03.02.00

I created a database user in a postgresql cluster. I granted that user
SELECT permission to a few views. I created a DSN for that user to
connect to postgreSQL from a Windows PC. When I use the DSN in MS Access
to link to the views, the Link Tables list includes many tables and
views that the user has no permission to access. Is this a defect in the
ODBC driver? Is there a work around for this?

Thanks,
Rich Harris