RE: How to combine multiple field primary key and Row Versioning

From: "Henshall, Stuart - WCP" <SHenshall(at)westcountrypublications(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: 'DI Hasenöhrl' <i(dot)hasenoehrl(at)aon(dot)at>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: How to combine multiple field primary key and Row Versioning
Date: 2001-06-28 08:24:55
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello,
I suspect that it doesn't have the xid=int4 operator. Try adding the
following:

create function int4eq(xid,int4)
returns bool
as ''
language 'internal';

create operator = (
leftarg=xid,
rightarg=int4,
procedure=int4eq,
commutator='=',
negator='<>',
restrict=eqsel,
join=eqjoinsel
);

I'm assuming the server reported an error something like:
ERROR: Unable to identify an operator '=' for types 'xid' and 'int4'
You will have to retype this query using an explicit cast
Hope this helps,
- Stuart