Aug 15 meeting recap

From: "Roth, Gabrielle" <gabrielle(dot)roth(at)xo(dot)com>
To: <pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Aug 15 meeting recap
Date: 2006-08-16 18:42:06
Lists: pdxpug

Last night, at the second ever Portland PUG meeting, Selena gave us a
walk-through on installing & configuring Postgres (with PAM & kerberos
auth) on MacOS X.

I'm interested in dinking around with PAM now & seeing what it can do
for me. (in my copious spare time...heeyeah.)

New-to-me command: createdb -T allow you to specify the database you
want to use as a template. That's going to save me a lot of time while I
experiment with different schemas in one of my upcoming projects.

I was also unaware that you can add your own functions etc to template1,
automatically creating them with each new database. :)

The really cool thing: 50% women in attendance at the meeting! (OK, so
it was because one of the attendees brought his daughter & her coloring
book, but still!)

- gabrielle -
data != information