BUG #8056: postgres forgets hstore over time

From: knowzerox(at)yahoo(dot)com
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #8056: postgres forgets hstore over time
Date: 2013-04-10 02:02:08
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 8056
Logged by: Eugene
Email address: knowzerox(at)yahoo(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 9.2.1
Operating system: centos 6 64bit

I have hstore installed on my server and it works fine. But sometimes
postgres would give me errors such as:

type "hstore" does not exist

or telling me || operator is invalid or not recognizing the hstore
functions.

I am using DBD-Pg in Perl when I get these errors in my error log when
running my website. I am unable to replicate these issues when running a
perl script or anything.

I think this issue is cache related or something because if I have:

hstore(?) giving me an error and replace it with public.hstore(?) it starts
working for a while then stops working and forgets hstore.

To note, this is limited to that single instance. If I am getting the hstore
errors and I test manually at the same time via both Perl or pgadmin, I
don't get any errors. This makes me think that this is limited to that
instance since the website is dealing with persistent connections due to
FCGI.

So I am guessing that if the connection runs for too long, it forgets hstore
datatype, hstore operators and hstore functions over time.