BUG #7603: Application takes long time to fetch data from postgresql database

From: devenmthaker(at)gmail(dot)com
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #7603: Application takes long time to fetch data from postgresql database
Date: 2012-10-15 14:54:33
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 7603
Logged by: Deven
Email address: devenmthaker(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 9.0.3
Operating system: Windows 2003 R2 64 BITS

Hi,
My application takes longer time (we see time out even) when data to be
fetched from Postgresql 9.0.3 is around 1900000 records. I am doing an
improvement at application level, but from database side any performance
tuning do i need to do?
I have not changed any parameters in postgresql.conf, using default values.

My PC has RAM of 4 GB.