BUG #7558: Postgres service not starting.

From: pathak(dot)anurag(at)gmail(dot)com
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #7558: Postgres service not starting.
Date: 2012-09-19 13:21:03
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 7558
Logged by: Anurag
Email address: pathak(dot)anurag(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.4.13
Operating system: Microsoft 2008 Server

Hello,

I installed Postgres and tried by populating SHP files form PostGIS pulgin.
When I tried to update pg_hba.conf for adding a CIDR addrs. When I connected
again It shows following error-
ERROR : Error connecting to the server: FATAL: could not load pg_hba.conf

after that when I am trying to connect the database by double clicking, it
is showing service is not present, start the service first.

Please help me out.