Function and Tables Privilege

From: Iande <iande(at)br(dot)inter(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Function and Tables Privilege
Date: 2003-08-07 19:33:14
Lists: pgsql-novice

<P>Hi guys, </P>
<P>&nbsp; I´m almost sure that this question has been asked before... but
after a 2 days search, I couldn´t find any solutions for it, I´m a noob to
postgres, but manage to install version-7.3.4 no prob, and working fine. So
here goes:</P>
<P>I´m looking for a way to store procedures on the db so that i can only
access data through those, and only grand permissions to the user&nbsp;to
access the procedures and not the tables. I´ve read some stuff about setuid
in this mailing list but could not get it to work. Basically what i need is
to give privilege to the function to access the tables that will be used and
is not granted to the user that executed the function.</P>
<P>Any help will be very much appreciated, even if there is no way of doing
so :)</P>
<P>Thanks</P>
<P>Iandé</P>

Attachment Content-Type Size