Re: arrays and pl/pgsql?

From: Richard Welty <rwelty(at)averillpark(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: arrays and pl/pgsql?
Date: 2003-02-13 18:47:09
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, 10 Feb 2003 12:56:16 -0500 (EST) Richard Welty <rwelty(at)averillpark(dot)net> wrote:

> i'm trying to find some useful documentation on use of SQL arrays in
> pl/pgsql procedures, and not coming up with. i've found a note (tossed
> off
> rather casually) in _PostgreSQL: Essential Reference_ on page 252,
> stating
> that it's possible and giving what appears to be incorrect syntax for an
> array declartion. other than that, i've not found much.

> can anyone point me at anything that covers this?

given the lack of response, i'm going to presume that there is no published
material on arrays and pl/pgsql

can someone please 1) clearly state on whether arrays work in pl/pgsql and
2) if they do, please explain the syntax?

thanks,
richard
--
Richard Welty rwelty(at)averillpark(dot)net
Averill Park Networking 518-573-7592