Re: Are these steps correct and standard way to upload

From: "Papp Gyozo" <pgerzson(at)freestart(dot)hu>
To: Chris Smith <csmith(at)squiz(dot)net>, "Zhidian Du" <duzhidian(at)hotmail(dot)com>, pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Are these steps correct and standard way to upload
Date: 2002-11-11 23:38:56
Lists: pgsql-php

2002. november 8. 05:45 dátummal Chris Smith ezt írta:
| Hi,
|
| >I check the posts about uploading images from browser. No one give
| > me a whole procedure how to do it. My friend told me I can upload
| > binary/image file using following steps:
| >
| > exec("cp $pic $File");
|
| Use the move_uploaded_image function in PHP. Safer and easier.

The proper name of the function mentioned here is move_uploaded_file().
See: http://php.net/move_uploaded_file

Snippet from the PHP Manual on how to writing BLOBs into PostgreSQL
databases:

<?php
$database = pg_connect ("dbname=jacarta");
pg_query ($database, "begin");
$oid = pg_lo_create ($database);
echo "$oid\n";
$handle = pg_lo_open ($database, $oid, "w");
echo "$handle\n";
pg_lo_write ($handle, "large object data");
pg_lo_close ($handle);
pg_query ($database, "commit");
?>

--