Re: error-free disabling of individual child partition

From: "Zeugswetter Andreas DCP SD" <ZeugswetterA(at)spardat(dot)at>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Simon Riggs" <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Csaba Nagy" <nagy(at)ecircle-ag(dot)com>, "Hannu Krosing" <hannu(at)skype(dot)net>, "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, "April Lorenzen" <outboundindex(at)gmail(dot)com>, "postgres hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: error-free disabling of individual child partition
Date: 2006-05-24 07:56:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Added to TODO:
>
> o Add ALTER TABLE tab ADD/DROP INHERITS parent

Sounds good, more inline with add/drop constraint.

> pg_attribute.attislocal has to be set to 'false' for ADD,
and
>> attislocal: If you set this to False, you wouldn't be able to set it
>> back again.

Just curious, why is that ?

> pg_attribute.attinhcount adjusted appropriately

Do we have a plan on what to do with RI constraints on the parent
when doing DROP INHERTITS ?
Seems all FK tables would need to be checked for keys in the local
table.
(Not sure whether we have PK on tab*, but it seems you could do it when
the
partitioning column is part of the PK)

Andreas