Changing access permissions without re-starting the database

From: Carlos <Carlos(at)pbsinet(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Changing access permissions without re-starting the database
Date: 2004-10-27 12:23:17
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Forum,

Is there a way to change the database access permissions for different IP
addresses without having to re-start PostgreSQL? I often want to preclude
all IP address but one from accessing the database. Currently, I change the
pg_hba.conf file and re-start the database but I would like to be able to do
the same thing without having to re-start.

Thanks in advance for your response