deadlock_timeout parameter in Postgresql.cof

From: "Sachchida Ojha" <sojha(at)secure-elements(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: deadlock_timeout parameter in Postgresql.cof
Date: 2007-08-23 18:21:59
Lists: pgsql-performance

I am having some dead locking problem with my app system. Our dev are
debugging the app to find out the cause of the problem. In the mean time
I looked at postgresql.conf file. I found that there is a parameter in
postgresql.conf file deadlock_timeout which was set 1000 (ms). Normally
I see deadlock in the night or when auto vacuum is running for a long
time.

My question is

What is the significance of this parameter and updating this parameter
value will make any difference ?

Thanks

Regards

Sachchida N Ojha

sojha(at)secure-elements(dot)com <mailto:sojha(at)secure-elements(dot)com>

Secure Elements Incorporated

198 Van Buren Street, Suite 110

Herndon Virginia 20170-5338 USA

http://www.secure-elements.com/ <http://www.secure-elements.com/>

800-709-5011 Main

703-709-2168 Direct

703-709-2180 Fax

This email message and any attachment to this email message is intended
only for the use of the addressee(s) named above. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent
responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient(s),
please note that any distribution or copying of this communication is
notify me immediately and delete this message. Please note that if this
email contains a forwarded message or is a reply to a prior message,
some or all of the contents of this message or any attachments may not
have been produced by the sender.