Re: lo_import doesn't works through ODBC !

From: "Sudhir S, Noida" <sudhirs(at)noida(dot)hcltech(dot)com>
To: Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: lo_import doesn't works through ODBC !
Date: 2003-04-14 10:52:36
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I am running
PostgreSQL => 7.2.1 on RedHat 7.3
unixODBC => 2.2.4
And I beleive the psqlodbc driver that 'm using is part of the
default drivers included by unixODBC...

Should i download and compile a newer version of unixODBC or
the psqlodbc driver from the postgresql.org ?

I am stuck coz of this ! Otherwise is it possible to store binary
data straight in to the database without lo_import/lo_export ?
I couldn't find any proper literature yet to achieve this. Seems
bytea does this and i should filter some escape sequences to
achieve binary data storage.....

It wld be great if i can get some help here !

Regards
- Sudhir